- What information do we collect from you?
- Why do we collect this information?
- How long do we keep hold of your information?
- Who might we share your information with?
- How is your data stored and kept secure?
- What are your rights?
- How can you access information we hold about you?
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
- What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms or reports on our site or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, email address and any other information you choose to give us or that we may ask you for directly.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service;
- your activity on the app including but not limited to the routes traveled and the incidents reported.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with other organisations, including:
- local law enforcement to receive data on the most up-to-date and credible information related to the safety of citizens in that city. They don’t supply us with any information which can be linked to an identifiable individual.
- Other third-party applications integrated with our app to add functionality and content, including but not limited to What3Words to enhance your experience between use of both platforms.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- Pursuant to a contract in order to:
- process information at your request to take steps to set you up as a user of our services;
- provide you with our products and services;
- maintain business and service continuity; and
- send service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email or provided in the app. These will include notifications about changes to our service.
- On the basis of your consent:
- Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you, for example, we need to ask for your permission before we can access your location information which is integral to the functioning of our app;
- We will contact you with direct marketing communications such as our newsletter if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See what are your rights? section below for more information.
- In the vital interests of any of our users or other individuals:
- We may process data in emergency situations in order to prevent serious harm to individuals.
- In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business, we will process information in order to:
- provide you with personalised service;
- improve our products and services;
- keep our site and systems safe and secure;
- understand user trends;
- serve recommendations to you about the other services (or App or website functionalities) we think may be of interest to you;
- send marketing communications;
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
- understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
We will also carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- health and safety;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- You can delete your account at any time. Once your account has been deleted we will remove your personal data as soon as practicable and in any case within 12 months of the deletion of your account.
- We will keep information about you for longer periods where we are required by law.
- We may retain information for longer periods in an anonymised form so that it cannot be linked to you as an individual.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- the following categories of third parties whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners (providing integrated apps and services), subsidiaries, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries;
- professional advisers, such as legal or financial advisers;
- law enforcement or emergency services if we are made aware of an emergency or if a serious crime occurs.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Safe & The City, we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use IT service providers who operate from the US to process your information, so your information will be transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will only do so if adequate protection measures are in place in compliance with data protection legislation. We use the following protection measures:
- using companies who are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- using Commission approved model contractual clauses.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. More information, including a copy of the appropriate safeguards in place for international transfers, is available by contacting us.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details below. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Safe & The City Limited whose registered office is at Geovation Hub, 65 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EN.